Aims and Objectives
The EU-supported project for facilitating CCW discussions aims to explore overlooked, emerging, and cross-cutting issues within the CCW framework. The primary objective is to foster dialogue among stakeholders and provide substantive contributions to CCW meetings and expert discussions.
This project anticipates several key outcomes:
- Comprehensive multi-stakeholder dialogues on under-explored issues that fall under the scope of CCW
- Analysis of and research on substantive matters related to the CCW and its Protocols
- Development and/or updating of useful tools for practitioners to enhance the understanding of the instruments
- Dissemination of initiatives and findings
Within the framework of this project, UNODA has organized a series of webinars covering various topics, engaging with key stakeholders from governments, international and regional organizations, academia, civil society, youth groups, and industry.
- Understanding CCW Protocol III: addressing Incendiary Weapons in a changing landscape, 8 June 2022
- Experts explore the legal and ethical implications of algorithmic bias, 26 July 2022
- Protocol IV on Blinding Laser Weapons: genesis, history, and relevance, 17 November 2022
- Experts Reflect on Novel Approaches to “Meaningful Human Control”,7 March 2023.